6 "Do's" To Get You Thinking
As I’m often forgetting my hotel room number or what country I am in, I find lists comforting and helpful – technology has become my hedge against Alzheimer’s.
I don’t think anyone will argue the future is all about data. I think the creative question within this is – what do you DO with the data. How do you use it and make it of value.
I find at Ogilvy we’re very good at THINK. Creatively, I want to be more about DO.
Try these on for size.
- Ask Why.
- One of the biggest surprises around APAC is the simple acceptance of implied rules and clichés. Question everything. Look at something upside down. Try Uni. Be brave.
- Know why.
- Define what the problem is. There should be reason you’re doing what you’re doing. “I do banners” – hmmmm.
- Big Ideas in this age can not live in isolation, so its imperative that you reach out to all channels available to form your story. Be the consumer.
- Don’t react – lead.
- Too many times I have heard clients come in with laundry lists of asks – Facebook pages, Twitter groups, iPhone Apps, etc. and they have no idea WHY they want these. Innovate does not mean following.
- Make something beautiful. Ask yourself if you would buy this and is it memorable. If it isn’t – why do you think you’re client would think so ?
- I feel we’ve forgotten the art of selling. Create a story, create empathy, engage your client and solve his biggest problem. That’s what separates art from advertising.