SYDNEY, July 13, 2011 - Ogilvy’s social media practice, 360˚ Digital Influence, part of STW Group, has added another seven employees to its Australia office on the back of significant growth and demand for social media expertise. Ogilvy will also unveil a two additional appointments in August.
Since the April 2009 arrival of Brian Giesen, Regional Director of Ogilvy 360˚ Digital Influence, the practice has grown to 14 specialist practitioners. In that short time, the practice has seen revenue growth of 440%.
Graham White, Managing Director of Ogilvy 360˚ Digital Influence Australia, said the practice has experienced rapid growth from day one. “Our growth, both in people and financial performance, reflects the ongoing demand from clients across the Ogilvy Group for strategic counsel and the creation and execution of powerful social media strategies – integrated with other marketing and communications disciplines.”
White added, “We’re seeing clients continuing to push more funds into ongoing social media activity. As such, we are also adding two more hires in August to ensure we can fulfill that demand and continue to be at the forefront of social media and digital engagement in Australia.”
Ogilvy 360˚ Digital Influence also became the most awarded social media team in the region after winning Digital Agency of the Year by the region’s highly coveted Holmes Report Specialist Agencies of the Year Awards in April.
Giesen said the practice was extremely proud to receive this award as it recognized the consistent and disciplined delivery of outstanding work by the team.
“This is an excellent achievement which is particularly rewarding given the challenges of growing demand as digital influence skills and successful execution become increasingly important to all of our clients,” said Giesen. “We’re thrilled to have another new wave of experienced talent joining us. They bring with them an array of knowledge and expertise in strategic digital planning, video content creation, analysis and analytics and community management.”
The seven new hires include two Digital Strategists and five Digital Analysts. They are:
- Lachlan Hibbert-Wells, joining as a Digital Strategist from Daemon Group where he was a Digital Planning Director
- Megan Anhalt, joining as a Digital Strategist from US-based DoSomething.org, where she was Director of Media and Talent Relations;
- Mitch Phillips, joining from OMD as a Digital Analyst to work across a number of the practice’s consumer and natural resources sector clients;
- Gregory Tan, joining as a Digital Analyst from an online retail start-up in Melbourne;
- Mark Redshaw, joining as a Digital Analyst after three years as a researcher and subeditor at online business information service, IRD Group;
- Melanie Vaz, joining as a Digital Analyst after working in Ogilvy PR since 2009. She is currently completing Award School through the Communications Council;
- Nathalie Bulsing, joining as a Digital Analyst following four years as a microbiological analyst in The Netherlands.
For further information, contact:
+61 421 098 674
About Ogilvy 360˚ Digital Influence
Ogilvy 360˚ Digital Influence is Ogilvy’s industry-leading social media and word of mouth marketing practice designed to help brands in an era of changing sources of influence. It is part of Ogilvy PR Australia, a joint venture between Ogilvy PR Worldwide and STW Group, Australia’s leading marketing content and communications services group.
About Ogilvy & Mather
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. Through its specialty units, the company provides a comprehensive range of marketing services including: advertising; public relations and public affairs; branding and identity; shopper and retail marketing; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion and relationship marketing. Ogilvy & Mather services Fortune Global 500 companies as well as local businesses through its network of more than 450 offices in 120 countries. It is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, visit www.ogilvy.com.